- How old is your father now, or how old would he be if he had lived? Divide this number by 4 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."
- Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ahnentafel. Who is that person?
- Tell us three facts about that person with the "roulette number."
- Write about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a Facebook note or comment, or as a comment on this blog post.
- If you do not have a person's name for your "roulette number" then spin the wheel again - pick your mother, or yourself, a favorite aunt or cousin, or even your children!
Ruby M. Dyer (1895-1990)
- Ruby is the daughter of John Franklin "Johnny F" Dyer and Estella Haskins.
- She married my great grandfather in 1915 in McGregor, Iowa. I have a photo from their wedding day. (see above)
- I was lucky enough to meet her as a child. She died in 1990 and I helped clean out her house. As we were cleaning I expressed my love of her "hair pin" dish. It was packed up with the rest of her belongings and that was that. Jump forward to July 2008 when I got married. Shortly after our wedding I received a package from a cousin in Texas that I hadn't talked to since that day in 1990. I opened the unexpected package to find that she had given me Grandma Ruby's hair pin dish as a wedding gift! (see above)