Certificates and records are expensive (usually a minimum of $15 plus processing and shipping). With my Hubs in grad school, they are not a priority in our limited budget. It took me a while, but I was able to prioritize my list of documents and send for the ones that I thought would help my research the most. I went a little over the amount of their check, but Hubs happily stayed quite about it, and I sent for the following items:
- Marriage certificate for Judson Wilkinson and Emeline Gray (my gg-grandparents).
- Marriage certificate for Charles R. Tyler and Mary Jane Gard (my ggg-grandparents).
- Marriage certificate for Thomas White and Emma Tyler (possible second marriage for my gggg-grandmother).
- Marriage certificate for Williams J Tyler and Juliana Hanson (my gg-grandparents).
- Death certificate for Magnus Hanson (my ggg-uncle).
- Obituary for Jasper Horton (my ggg-grandfather).
- WWI County Honor listing for Jule Lomas (my g-grandfather).
Stay tuned for posts on each of these documents!